Choosing the right USB chargers factories is hard and often times it's hard to obtain, let alone understand complicated test reports. The GRL C2 Tester from Granite River Labs makes it easy to quick test cables and big data techniques are applied to make it easy to analyze and compare cable quality using a benchmark scoring system.
Good quality USB chargers have the following properties:
1) High levels of adherence to specifications for interoperability
2) Supplies higher power for faster charging across a larger diversity of devices
3) Good thermal design and control allowing the charger to run at lower temperatures, making it more comfortable to touch and safer around children
4) Protection levels from unexpected power surges and are conservative enough to provide some protection but not overly conservative such that interoperability issues are inadvertently created
5) High power efficiency levels to minimize wasted energy while the charger is operating
6) Low standby (vampire) power consumption to minimize wasted energy while the charger is not charging anything and just plugged into an AC outlet
The best factories have cable testers like the GRL UP Tester, making it quick and easy to test, ensuring production consistency on the factory floor. Below are the best chargers we tested direct from the factory as of Aug 2020.
Top Scoring Commercial & Factory USB Chargers